How to Create a Library
An online library combines the power of traditional as well as modern libraries. Traditionally, instructors used to assign courses, but with the ProProfs library, learners can self-assign courses and continue learning.
Once given access to the library, learners can use all the content available there. They can add or remove courses or tests from their classroom dashboard anytime.
Benefits of having the library:
- Enable self-learning: Your learners can pick up hundreds of training materials conveniently. They can easily search for their preferred courses and complete them at the desired pace.
- Instant source of information: Employees can explore various content anytime, anywhere, including information specific to their job profile, to help them become more creative at work and improve their performance.
- Enable better training: Modify content to impart improved training to your learners. You can add virtually as many training modules, videos, presentations, PDF files, etc., as you want since there are no physical space limitations.
- Share company values: Add content related to a company to help employees learn more about its importance and work culture.
- Cost benefits: An online library brings obvious cost benefits compared to a physical library, especially in the long run.
Here’s how the library appears to a learner:
In this article, you’ll you’ll
Step 1: Go to More > Library from your ProProfs Training Maker dashboard.
You will see the following page.
Step 3.1: In the following popup, you get options to add courses and web links, search and add images or videos, and upload files of different types, such as PPT, PDF, MP4, MPEG, etc. Under the My Courses tab, select the required courses and click Add.
Step 3.2: To add a link from the web, for example, a video or a blog URL, switch to the Link tab > Add the URL > click the right arrow button to preview it. Do not forget to click Add at the bottom to save it.
Step 3.3: Go to the Web Search tab > search image/video > click Add to add an image from the web or a YouTube video.
Step 3.4: To add files from your computer, switch to the Upload tab > Upload a file > Click Add. You upload a file of a size up to 2 GB.
Here’s a preview of the library after you’ve added some content to it.
You can use sections or folders to categorize your content by its type and purpose. For example, if you have content related to sales, you can put it in a section or folder called "Sales Training" so your learners can easily find relevant content in the library.
To add a section:
Step 1: Go to Add to Library > Add New Section in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Add its name and upload a cover image from the local storage in the Create New Section dialog. You can share the new folder with every user or select specific users/groups from the list. Once done, click Create.
Here’s a newly created folder with currently no content in it. Click +Add Content to add relevant content to it, just like in the steps above. Just click Library from the top navigation to return to the main library.
Here’s how the library will look with sections and other content added to it.
The library is accessible to your learners from their dashboard. They can choose courses for themselves by clicking "Assign to self" when they hover over a course.
A self-assigned course is labeled as "Self-Assigned" and can be taken by just clicking the course title. Learners can remove the self-assigned course from the dashboard by clicking ‘‘Remove.’’