How to Create an Online Classroom
ProProfs online classroom offers a secure & centralized way for you to assign quizzes & courses to your learners. For your learners, it means a single platform where they can access courses, view reports (including past scores), certificates, and more.
Watch this quick video guide to learn how to set up a classroom.
Or continue reading to learn it step-by-step.
- Easily teach & track the progress of large groups of learners
- Save time by centrally assigning course or quiz assignments
- The centralized portal helps learners to self-access courses
- Assign individual usernames & passwords to course takers.
- Protect your quizzes and courses with advanced & secure rights of access
- Send a single link to learners for accessing quizzes and courses
- Instantly send email notifications to Groups or Users
- Motivate learners to complete assignments with friendly reminders
In this article, you'll learn:
1. How to Create an Online Classroom
2. How to Add Multiple Classrooms
3. How to Set up the Classroom for K12 Students
How to Create an Online Classroom
Step 1: On your ProProfs Training Maker dashboard, go to Classroom.
Step 2: Click + New Classroom.
Step 3: Give a name to your classroom and click Add. Your classroom is now ready.
Step 4: On the My Classroom screen, click Add Users to start adding learners to your classroom.
Step 5: Add users to the box as instructed and click Next.
The next step is to assign courses to a user(s). Here's How to Assign a Course to Learners Using Classroom.
Once you're done assigning courses to users, you can:
- Create a group(s) and add a user(s) to it. You can assign courses to groups.
- Check the courses pending for and taken by the user.
- Check the Grade Report of the user.
- Edit users' info such as their ID or username, passwords, etc. You can also delete a user.
To check reports, select a user to activate the Reports option. Hover the cursor over Reports to expand it as a drop-down.
Similarly, you can assign courses to groups using the following steps:
Step 1: Go to Groups >> Courses.
Step 2: Click +Courses. Select the titles and click Save.
Along with assigning courses to a group, you can:
- Add new users or delete old ones from a group.
- Edit the group info, such as the group name and description. You can also delete a group.
- Enable/disable discussion and modify the join code under Settings.
- Send a classroom invitation email to users so that they can start using your classroom.
- Assign Group Administrators.
- Check courses pending for and taken by the group and the Grade Book of the group.
For Group reports, go to Reports to expand it as a drop-down.
Filter by Course
You can filter user(s) and group(s) assigned to a course and access course reports with a click. You can also assign user(s) or group(s) directly to any course you want.
You can also see how your classroom appears to your learners. To do this:
Step 1: Go to Classrooms on your Training Maker dashboard.
Step 2: Hover over a classroom and click View.
Step 3: Select a user from the drop-down list and click Preview.
Step 4: Enter the password for that user and click Login.
The classroom preview will appear like this.
How to Add Multiple Classrooms
How to Set up the Classroom for K12 Students
You can easily set up a classroom for K12 students by creating individual student accounts using their email addresses.
However, it is possible for students not to have email addresses. In such cases, you can create usernames and passwords so your students can access your online classroom without email addresses. You can simply put student usernames to add them to a classroom.
It's important to note that after you've created student accounts, you can manage their scores and grades through online classroom reporting features. For example, if your course contains a quiz consisting of essay questions, then you can hide the scoring of the quiz from your learners until you've graded their answers to the essay questions.
To do this,
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Advanced of your quiz.
Step 2: Scroll down to the Release Report option and select "Manually, after essays are graded."
Save your settings once you're done.
How to Brand My Classroom
With ProProfs, you can create greater brand awareness and recognition among your learners by adding a custom logo to your classroom.
Learn how to brand your classroom.
That is all about creating an online classroom in ProProfs.