How to Add Text, Images, Audio, Video, Docs & Presentations to a Course
Creating a new course from scratch is much easier with ProProfs Training Maker. You can quickly add text and media files to your chapters & pages and deliver a comprehensive training experience to your learners.
Watch this quick video guide about adding media to courses.
Or continue reading to learn it step-by-step.
Benefits of adding text & media to a course:
- Explain the course topics to learners in detail and enhance the learning quotient using media files
- Enable learners to access different media types to comprehend course content in a better way and improve their knowledge retention
This article covers the following:
6. How to Add Documents, Spreadsheets, & Presentations
Adding text, images, audio, and videos take only a few minutes in ProProfs Training Maker. Follow these steps, and you are all set to make learning fun and exciting for your learners.
Step 1: In the course editor, navigate to the chapter or page in the course where you want to add text, image, audio, or video clip.
The toolbar appears when you are adding text to your chapter/page. As displayed in the image below, it contains menu buttons giving you access to various functions. All buttons are grouped according to their function and include operations - such as paste content, basic text styling, text formatting, etc.
You will find the following in the first row.
(i) Paste - To paste a text fragment, first cut or copy it from another source, then click the Paste button. You can also use Ctrl + V. If direct access to the clipboard is blocked, you will be asked to paste the text into the Paste dialog window.
(ii) Paste as Plain Text - If you want to paste an already formatted text but without preserving the formatting, you can paste it as plain text. To achieve this, copy the formatted text and press this button on the toolbar.
(iii)Paste from Word - The editor allows you to copy text from Microsoft Word. It will preserve the basic formatting when you paste it from Microsoft Word. To achieve this, copy the text from a Word page and paste it by clicking on the Paste button. You can also use Ctrl + V. Things don’t always look great when pasting from Word. If you have formatting issues, it is best to paste it as plain text.
ProProfs Training Maker lets you add media files as a cover for a chapter or page. Or you can also add an image in the text area to support your course content.
To add an image from the toolbar in the text area, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click the image icon in the toolbar and upload an image from your computer.
To add an image using the “Change Media” option, follow these steps:
1. Click “Change Media.”
2. An overlay will appear with options to add an image(s) using the following options:
- Library - You can select an image from our library. It has every file you have uploaded.
- Search - It will let you search for an image from Google or Pexels.
- Upload - It will allow you to add an image stored on your computer.
- Embed - It will let you use the image’s embed code or web link to add as media.
Step 4: How to add an audio file
1. Click the three vertical dots or the kebab menu icon next to the Add New button in the course editor.
2. You can either upload an audio file or record one. Click the “Upload” button to select an audio file from your computer, or click the mic icon to start recording audio. Click “Done” to save the changes.
Here’s what uploading an audio file will look like.
This is how the uploaded audio file will appear in the course editor.
Step 5: How to add a video file
1. Click the “Change Media” button.
2. Select a method( Library, YouTube/Pexels, Upload) to add the video file.
To add captions, you require a VTT file.
You can use our sample VTT file from here or create one using open-source software such as https://www.vtt-creator.com/editor.
- Document: DOC, DOCX, PDF- Up to 2GB
- Spreadsheet: XLS, XLSX- Up to 2GB
- Presentation: PPT, PPTX- Up to 2GB
Step 6: How to change the layout of the page
Apart from adding text, images, audio, and video to your course, ProProfs Training Maker allows you to change your page layout at your convenience.
1. Go to “Layout” in your course editor.
That is all about adding text & media to your courses.